
So flag football season is upon us. This year Klellin is on the blue team and his coaches are his dad and Wade Hollingshead. Tuesday night was there second game of the season, and I must say they are a fun little team to watch. They one the game 18-8 and are 2-0 for the season. As we pulled up the ball game my friend Becca who's little boy was on the other team said her son told her they were playing the "good team" tonight. I just laughed and so oh really, what makes us the good team?


Klellin is playing quarterback this year. He isn't really excited about it, but he does a good job. They do trade off a little bit and he gets to play running back as well. Klellin definitly has a voice. He'd say ready, set, hike and he sound so tough. It was quite funny. I sure get a kick out of watching him. He does such a great job and we're so proud of him.

Here's the team in the huddle listening to the play. Klellin's friend Porter is standing right next to him. His dad is the other coach. I must say Wade and Jason make a pretty good team. I love watching football at this age because it's more about building up the boys than it is winning. I must say that Jason and Wade do a great job in that department. Last year when they coached their goal was to have everyone on their team make a touchdown, and I think everyone did except for one player. I think that's there goal as well this year. So far I know at least 3 different players have scored, which only leaves them about 5/6 more to go. It's a good thing they have 4 games left.

Check out this pass. Did you ever see a cuter quarterback. The team scored 3 touchdowns this game. Porter ran from one end of the field to the other for one touchdown. Klellin threw a touchdown to Kolby Oakden for one touchdown, and then Klellin ran one in for the other.
I didn't get any pictures of Klellin playing defense. At one point he grabbed some kids flag and his hand went straight up in the air. I busted up laughing. He wanted every one to know the play was dead. I got a kick out of watching Kolby Oakden playing defense. He could read the other teams plays and had their flags pulled as soon as the ball was handed off. He's another one of Klellin's good friends.
Unfortunatly none of his grandparents made it to the game this week to watch him play. He was so excited after the win he called everyone up and told them about their victory. His team has some great little players on it and they work together really well. This 3rd grade class has a lot of really good athletes in it and if they'll learn to play as a team now, it will be so much fun to watch them when they get older. They'll be able to do some great things.
1 comment:
Looks like I got back into the routine of checking blogs just in time.
Your kids are cute, and it looks like they're having lots of fun both in and out of school.
We miss you!
Post a Comment