Friday, October 10, 2008

YES!!! We Know They Can Dance!!!

On September 23rd, Cicely and I traveled to the E Center once again to experience the So You Think You Can Dance Live Tour. After a quick trip to the mall, we met up with our friends Scout and Burgandy for dinner at the Cheesecake Factory. Once we had eaten more than we needed to and of course topped it off with cheesecake we headed to West Valley. The show was great. They did almost all of my favorite dances.
Here we are hanging out before the show. Below is Cicely and her friend Scout. Our seats weren't nearly as good as American Idol, but as you can see we had a pretty good view. We were a little to much to the side, but hey you live and learn. We'll know better next time. As you can see from the girls attire, we hit the souviner stand. They got matching T-shirts. Cicely also got the poster to go along with the AI poster, autographed pictures of Chelsie and Will, and the souviner program. Yes, in case you're wondering it ended up being an expensive birthday present, but worth every penny.
Chelsie Hightower was mine and Cicely's favorite. She just lights up the stage when she dances. Here she is performing her jive with Gev. Of course with both of them being from Utah, the crowd went wild when they took the state.
Below is Chelsie's solo. All of the dancers performed a solo. There were also quite a few couple performances and 3-4 group numbers.

This is one of our favortie dances. How could you not love Katy and Twitch with the door. I think Mia Michaels is amazing. Her numbers are always among my favorites. I so wish that Chelsie and Mark would have performed their wedding number she choreographed, but there was only so much time.

I think most of the night was the Katy and Joshua show. They were an amazing pair and had so many great numbers. If I had to choose one favorite, it would be "No Air". Who would have thought the first number they performed of the season would be one of the biggest hits of the season.



Another one of our favorties was Will. I think that guy could dance anything. Is technique is amazing. I so wish he would have danced with Chelsie at least once during the season, but no such luck. We absolutly loved this number he performed with Katy. Of course, the fact it was performed to David Archuletta's Imagine wasn't to shabby either.

Of course if we had to pick our favorite number of the season it would have to be Chelsie and Mark's Bleeding Love. Even Jason likes this number. He gets on YouTube regularly and continues to watch it. I know how did the world exist before YouTube.


We can't wait until next season. The talent this season was so amazing. We've decided we'll go to the tour every year if possible and it comes to Utah. Thanks Burgandy and Scout for joining us and making the night so much fun. Next year let's not sit so close to the speakers okay!!!



4 comments:

Heidy said...

geese, you guys have been having all sorts of fun. I miss Cicily and Scout. They are so cute. Glad that you had fun.

Ashlee said...

WOW, That sounded like a ton of fun! Cheesecake factory. YUM!!

Larsen's in Wyoming said...

Girl time is the best! What a fun couple of months you've been having!

The Colton Family said...

Looks like you've been wearing out the interstate between Beaver and SLC again.

I'm glad y'all had such a great time.