Every year Lynn Kitchen lets us come to his house and pick pumpkins out of his pumpkin patch. My kids always enjoy it and it's great to not have to buy them at the store. This year Lynn informed Hailey about mid-September that she could come and get some pumpkins when they were ready. She was growing very impatient and kept asking me "When are those silly pumpkins going to be ready?" So around the first part of October we went to Lynn's one night and each of the kids got to pick their pumpkin out.
Hailey of course wanted a baby pumpkin because she is the littlest, so she figured she needed the littlest pumpkin.
Success!! She was so proud of herself for picking out her own pumpkin.

Here are Cicely and Klellin scoping out the goods. Dad was a little impatient ( I wonder where he gets that from) and tried to hurry the kids along.

Klellin finally picked out his pumpkin although he wasn't very happy about it. He wanted a bigger one which his dad informed him he couldn't have because Cicely already had a big pumpkin. Little did he know that a few weeks later, Lynn told Klellin he could go a get another pumpkin off of his porch. He had plenty of big ones left and he was just going to throw them away after Halloween. Klellin ended up with the biggest pumpkin of them all.
Cicely as always is the little poser. Here she is showing off her pumpkin pick.
For FHE Monday night we decided it was time to turn the pumpkins into jack-o-laterns. This is always a great feat when you have 3 independent children who want to do things there own way. (It's to bad this trait comes directly from their father, I know they didn't get it from me.:) )
Although Cicely didn't like cleaning out the pumpkin, she at least did some of it. Cleaning out the pumpkins has always been my favorite part, so I was more than happy to help.
Klellin actually got into it and cleaned out his own pumpkin. Leave it to the boy!!!
Hailey didn't like cleaning out the pumpkin. She practicing to win her Oscar someday. Isn't she dramatic?
Here we have the finished product. Yes, Hailey is acting like her usual self.
Cicely as always is the little poser. Here she is showing off her pumpkin pick.
For FHE Monday night we decided it was time to turn the pumpkins into jack-o-laterns. This is always a great feat when you have 3 independent children who want to do things there own way. (It's to bad this trait comes directly from their father, I know they didn't get it from me.:) )



7 comments:
The pumpkins look great! We carved our pumpkins for family home evening as well but I'm guessing because of the heat they are already whithering away.
hey woman! finally got around to blogging. your blog is adorable, as is your family. card making was fun! you crack me up!
I am glad that you had a good Halloween. It was warm here which was nice to not freeze to death but I missed Halloween in Beaver. Tell everyone "Hi" for me. I think we are planning on coming home for a visit in Aug but we'll see if we can wait that long. How is Dance coming along this year? Tell everyone I miss them.
Hailey is too cute. I'm sure she knows it too, am I right? :) LOL
Looks like they had fun.
We couldn't get Maddie to touch the pumpkin 'guts' either.
We do we get to see the Halloween pictures?
Hey guys we found your blog off of Ashleys and thought we would say hi. It looks like you are staying busy. The pictures look cute.
Okay Tricia, where are you? Do you realize the date of your last post? :)
Post a Comment