Friday, February 8, 2008
5, 6, 7, 8
Thursday night was the annual B-Step review. I'm beginning to think that instead of a B-Step review it should be a community dance spotlight. All of the dancers and cheerleaders in town get a chance to perform. Yes, in case you're wondering it is a long night. There were 25 numbers on the program and only 4 of them were dances performed by the drill team. Oh well. Cicely and Hailey both had a chance to perform. They both did a great job and are becoming quite the dancers. I know in my family that's almost to be expected.
Check out Cicely's leg lift. She even has her toe pointed. Maybe Grandma Cokie should bribe her with a dollar so she will smile.
Cicely's Jazz Dance this year is to Jitterbug. I had the opportunity to help her teacher choreograph this dance and in tribute to Grandma Sue, they even do a modified Jitterbug step. I just couldn't resist.
Then there is Haybales. She doesn't miss a beat. She doesn't even need to watch me to find out which step is best. She's usually at least a count ahead. I think she does it to prove to everyone she knows the dance. Yes, I get to teach Hailey's class this year. She is asking me daily when she gets to go to dancing and tumbling. If she had her way, she would go everyday I think.
Hailey's dance is to Baby Love. I didn't realize how hard it is to teach a bunch of 3 years olds to step point, step point. They do it though and they are so cute.
Hailey's getting ready to take the floor. Check out her concentration. Aren't there costumes too cute!!!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)



3 comments:
Adorable...Grandma Sue would be proud!
oh man and i missed it!!! I LOVE wathcing those two! Plus, who doesn't love watching endless numbers of dancing or.. well other stuff:) Tell them I miss them!!!
They're costumes are just adorable!Looking at the pictures bring back distant memories in Cokie Colton's dance class.
Post a Comment