
Kellin has been hard at work practicing for basketball since before Christmas. Last week was his first game. Since I wasn't feeling very well last week I didn't go to his first game. He was going to make sure that I didn't miss this week. He reminded me on a daily basis that he had a game and kept asking me if I was going to go. I told him not to worry, I wouldn't miss it.
The first and second grade league is considered a skills league. The first 20 minutes of each game is dedicated to teaching the basic skills. The work on passing and dribbling. The even had a dribbling relay race. You had to dribble with your right hand to half court and then dribble back to start with your left hand. This is quite the feet for most first and second graders and is actually quite comical.

Once we got through the skills the game began. I think it was more like street ball than an organized game. They are really good to only call traveling when they are trying not to dribble at all. They all get away with a few steps here and there. This game was an all out steal fest. Klellin is pretty fast and not very big, so it was really easy for him to sneak from behind and grab the ball. He could actually do it without even fouling. The most exciting part of the game was when he stole the ball and took it down for a basket. SHOOT, SHOOT, SHOOT for TWO, TWO, TWO!!!
They didn't end up winning the game. They lost 8-10. Kellin played hard and is quite the little hustler. Nothing was better than seeing the smile on his face pouring through the sweat when he was done.
5 comments:
Uncle Luke would have lost the dribbling relay race, as he was never able to dribble very fast with his right hand.
Dribbling contests or crab walking fights, we do light to compete in fun. Keep on smiling...and sweating. Love, Grandma
light should have been like-grandma mispoke again. See ya, Bye.
It sounds like you are keeping extra busy with Basketball, guitar lessons and everything else. We wish we could watch Klellin play. Miss you guys.
Hey nice blog. You are a very busy lady with all you do!!Porter thought that was so cool that Klellin is taking Guitar lessons. Anyway hope I don't end up seeing you soon (at your work that is). Take Care! :)
Post a Comment